The purpose of this entry level role is to support the finance department, ensure that all transactions are recorded accurately and promptly, and all bills are paid on a timely basis. The role will require the individual to perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties on a regular basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Month End Close
• Support month end close process (cash, accrued expenses journal entries, account reconciliations, and expense review)
• Analyze and provide commentary on assigned P&L accounts
• Complete Monthly Bank Reconciliations
Accounts Payable & Expense Reports
The Staff Accountant will responsible for full ownership of Accounts Payable and Expense reports.
• Manage the Finance inbox by reviewing new mail/emails daily
• Ensure proper documentation/backup and approval for each invoice
• Enter invoices into QuickBooks and cut checks on a weekly basis
• Maintain the vendor frequency log and ensure that it's up to date each month
• Manage expense reports to ensure compliance with company policy which includes reviewing receipts
• Import expense report transactions to QuickBooks and ensure all transactions are properly coded
• Keep track of monthly culture budget for all departments (monthly emails and quarterly analysis)
• Prep and file 1099 Misc statements
• Filing, Scanning and ad hoc projects
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 0-1 year of accounting experience
• Proficiency in Excel
• Solid understanding of GAAP
• Great communication skills
• Be proactive and have the ability to think outside the box
Salary and Benefits:
• Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits
• Down-to-earth, genuinely nice, and wickedly smart team of colleagues
• Casual, fun, work-hard/play-hard environment
• Free laundry service - yes, you read that right!
• Slides. Three big, steep slides. Whee!
• Bagel Mondays, dog friendly environment, arcade games, ping pong and a whole lot more!
• Your job is to make people HAPPY! What better karma could you ask for?